Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 3 Raw...Blend Away

As promised, I tried a few new recipes this week. Pictured to the left is Ani Phyo's Black Sesame Sunflower Bread! This is the first raw bread I've tried and truly enjoyed. I think the recipe says to cut it into 9 squares but I cut mine into 12. I made some small changes like using less whole flaxseeds and grinding more of the sunflower seeds.

I made a couple of hummus and veggie sandwiches with this bread. They were delish! Because of the bread's neutral taste you can put anything on it as long as you cut down on the garlic. The recipe can be altered for sweet bread too!

I've been having a blast blending my little heart out!  To your right is a light Chocolate Coconut Shake.
The ingredients included:
vanilla
1 small banana
1 Medjool Date
1/2 cup Almond milk
1 tsp or so of maca and 
1 tsp or so of cacao powder




Vanilla Hemp Shake

Hemp Seeds
Banana
Almond Milk
Vanilla 
Dates

Strawberry Hemp Shake
Strawberries, Banana, Almond Milk, Hemp Seeds and Bee Pollen

Blueberry Shake
Blueberries, Banana, Hemp Seed

Cherry Smoothie
Cherries, Peaches, Banana, vanilla, Bee Pollen

Coconut Shake
Coconut, Banana, Dates, Almond Milk, Vanilla, Sprinkle of Cinnamon


 
Peanut Butter Chocolate Shake


Cherry Hemp Shake
Cherries, Banana, Hemp protein powder, Hemp Seeds



Chocolate Shake
Cacao powder, Banana, Almond milk, Maca, Mesquite, Agave, Vanilla 

No comments:

Post a Comment