Monday, July 12, 2010

Challenge Week 2 Days 10 and 11

Saturday morning I had so much going on that I did not get a chance visit the Farmer’s Market. Before I headed out the door at 6:30 in the morning, I made a 32 oz Green Smoothie with Hemp seeds, Spinach, ginger and Green Apple and a 24 oz Fruit Smoothie with the rest of the peaches, banana, and strawberries I had left over from the week. Since I was too late to go to the Farmer’s Market, I went to Whole Foods where I spent $5.02 on kelp Noodles, 1 Banana, 2 plums, wheat berries, zucchini and buckwheat groats. My next stop was Sprouts for medjool dates, nectarines, peaches and pecans for $5.38. My last stop was Fry’s where I purchased green onions, butter lettuce, 2 bags Dole salads, 2 packages Strawberries, bananas, rice paper, bunch of carrots and 1 small bag of 'slaw' mix for $11.17.
My total for Fry's was low because I had coupons for the produce department and for the dole salads that were already on sale for $1. I ended up spending .25 for each bag. I received $5.00 off the produce section. My non organic items are: nectarines, green onions, pecans, and peaches. My total so far is $22.15. Last week I was under budget by $2.87 which makes this weeks budget $37.47. So far I have $15.32 left for the week of July 11- 17.


My smoothies lasted throughout the day. Later Saturday evening I ate the slaw mix with hemp seeds and an asian inspired dressing consisting of, sesame oil, lime juice, 1 chili, and spices. 
Sunday, was a juice/smoothie and prep day. After church this morning, I went to the grocery store for oranges. I purchased 9 for $3.03. Now I have $12.29 left. I prepared Walnut Hemp Crackers from a great book, Raw Food Real World. Next, I chopped and sliced my veggies for easy access and made a big bowl of salad for the next few days. Finally, I place my wheat berries, sesame seeds, almonds and sunflower seeds in a bowl to soak in preparation for Almond/Sesame Seed Milk, sesame seed pate and rejuvelac for making cashew cheese (from the left over cashews last week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment