Monday, July 19, 2010

Tried it Again! Trip to Ahwatukee’s Farmers Market

The first week of my challenge I went to the Phoenix Farmers Market and only scored some herbs. The herbs were great but I was looking for more. Well, this morning I made it to Ahwatukee’s Farmers Market at 8 and was pleasantly surprised. There were many more vendors than last time I visited and they were so friendly in spite of the ridiculously hot (kind of humid) weather. I scored a lot for only $12.

After the Farmers Market, I went to the grocery store for some almonds, sunflower seeds, pumkin seeds, bananas and medjool dates. I got them for 7.95.
From last week: cucumber, plums, broccoli; Farmers Market: green and red apple, nectarines, tomatoes, zuchinni, micro greens purple basil, corn, mint; Store: medjool dates,limes, bananas, almonds, sunflower seeds and pumkin seeds 

Around noonish I met up with a couple of friends for lunch at the Blue Nile Café. Every 2nd or 3rd Sunday they have a special raw food menu. We split a Caesar Salad and two of us ordered the Baha Burrito served with guacamole, sour cream sauce and mango salsa. The Caesar Salad was good but I did not like the soft croutons. The Baha Burrito looked familiar to me. I spoke with the owner and found out that they got the recipe from the book 'The Art of raw living Food', which I have.

Baha Burrito

I spent the rest of my Saturday defrosting my fridge, cleaning and creating my weekly menu. Tomorrow, I'll pot my menu for the next couple of days.

'til then, 
Chelz 

No comments:

Post a Comment